AIP Foundation is a U.S. 501 (c)(3) nonprofit organization dedicated to preventing road injuries and fatalities in low- and middle-income countries. Since 1999, AIP Foundation has been delivering effective road safety programs in locations across Asia and Africa. Its mission is to provide life-saving road safety knowledge and skills with the goal of preventing road crash fatalities and injuries.
AIP Foundation vision:
- A world in which there are safer roads, smarter road users, and countries whose road environments serve their developing economies and people.
- A world in which private corporations, governments, and the public sector collaborate to effect sustainable change in the field of road safety.
- A world in which individuals are empowered and educated to make intelligent decisions about their safety and security when in a vehicle—as either a driver or a passenger.
Why is AIP Foundation unique?
- AIP Foundation and Protec uses proven solutions to a global epidemic that kills more people each year than malaria worldwide. Through its’ experience in Vietnam, it has developed both grassroots and nationwide programs that target the key challenges to helmet use and traffic safety awareness.
- With a strong history of multi-sector collaboration, AIP Foundation and Protec implement programs and leads initiatives that engage public, private, and government road safety stakeholders. This ensures complex and inclusive interventions that target multi aspects of road safety at the same time.
- AIP Foundation and Protec have extensive local knowledge and expertise, and partner with other local NGOs and companies around the world to ensure that its’ programs are culturally appropriate and address the road safety needs of the population.